It's ME

My photo
Korea. Food. Architecture. Photos. That's pretty much the stuff that's gonna be on this blog :)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Matchbox travel game : criterion E - evaluation

FOR THIS EVALUATION, TYPE YOUR ANSWERS INTO A COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT BY SAVING A COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT IN THE TECHNOLOGY FOLDER UNDER YOUR NAME – “MELANIE EVALUATION.”
DO NOT ACCESS THE INTERNET OR TALK TO OTHERS WHILE TYPING THIS EVALUATION.

==================================================================================

Matchbox Games Evaluation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The student evaluates the success of the product/solution in an objective manner based on the results of testing, and the views of the intended users. [What did others say about your game? Be specific.]

I asked few of my friends to play the game. After playing the game they told me that the game was fun to play.

I also asked about the designs, the dares, and the actual game itself. They all agreed in that the design was good and matched the game. About the dares, some said that the dares were fun but, some also said some of the dares were hard to do in some places (like ‘hop around’, ‘fill the king’s water bottle’ or ‘3 star jumps’ etc.) they said that these dares can be changed a little to make them able to play everywhere (public places like library/ restaurant, or in a small space like inside the car) since it is travel game. Some also suggested me to use the cards for picking out the numbers but, I thought using the sticks was a better way because if I use cards I would have to separate the cards so it won’t mix with the dares. The overall comment they gave me was fun, not too complicated and easy to play.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The student provides an evaluation of his or her own performance at each stage of the design cycle and suggests improvements. [Evaluate your own work for each criterion: A, B, C, D. Say what you were supposed to do, compared with what you did do. Suggest improvements for next time.]


For [Criterion A, Investigation], I think I left out some of the works I had to do. I didn’t do a lot of research about the history of the games or explained a lot about my own game. So, I thought next time I could read the unit outline more carefully in order to know better about the questions or the works I have to complete for the project.

For [Criterion B, Design], I think I have done everything I had to do (what it said on the Matchbox Travel Game Unit Outline). I sketched what I would make, scanned it, and posted on my blog.

For [Criterion C, Plan], I first forgot to post it on my blog after completing it. However, I followed my plan, used the table given to document it and wrote down the changes I’ve made (there weren’t any changes. So, I only wrote ‘No changes have been made’)

For [Criterion D, Create], I followed my plan like the Matchbox Travel Game Unit Outline told me to do. However, I did not always recorded my progress on the blog. It took me a lot to think of the dares but, it was also very fun.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The student provides an appropriate evaluation of the impact of the product/solution on life, society and/or the environment. [Answer the following question: Why are games so well loved by people of all ages in cultures around the world? Be sure to use examples from your research or from your experience during this unit.]


I think it is because it is fun, enjoyable, gives you something to get out of the boredom and most of all, gives people a time to rest, the time where you don’t have to think/ worry about the works you have to do in your life. I thought like this based on my experience during this unit. When someone asked others to play their game at Study hall, Break, Lunch etc. they would always say yes regardless of what they were doing. One of my friends was studying for her French but, played one’s game because she was bored and wanted a time to rest.
Even though I haven’t researched much about this question I know that games give a time to laugh with others without worrying about something in real life (only if your not addicted to it). I also can know this by my own experience………………... When I was playing someone else’s game, I could forget about the homework I had for my private lesson and have fun without worrying about having doubled amount of homework next time!




==================================================================================

Attitudes in Technology


[Give yourself a score from 1-6 for each of the items in bold print above. Explain each choice.]
• personal engagement (motivation, independence, general positive attitude)


Motivation – 6, I liked the project, I can I be not motivated!
Independence – 5, I asked others about the dares but the rest, I did it all by myself.
General positive attitude – 6, I really enjoyed this project. Therefore, I had a very positive attitude toward the project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Give yourself a score from 1-6 for each of the items above. Explain each choice.]
• attitudes towards safety,
• cooperation
• respect for others.


Attitude towards safety – 6, I used the scissors, paper cutter etc. very safely
Cooperation – 5, I shared the glue/scissors or other materials needed with others
Respect for others – 6, I never said anything offensive about others game/design. I only made some comments/ suggestions that were respectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers